My brother and his family were here this weekend. It was a blast to see them and have them here. The kids all had fun! and This mom had fun visiting with them, also. We are adjusting to the fall like weather. I think it's awesome on one hand and on the other I think it is bitter sweet to the fun summer weather. Any way, I am feeling anxious for the holiday season this year. Why is that? It seems like I probably shouldn't even be thinking about it yet. But I am. And I feel uncertain about the future. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's PMS. who know........
Robert has been super busy at work and I haven't seen him much lately. I think he is feeling alot of pressure that way, (from work) But we are excited that he will be getting ready for the testing phase of his process of being an architect. hope all is well. bye
6 comments:
So so nice Melissa, you have been busy. So when you're feeling blue you can take a look at all you've accomplished! I have to admit, I felt a little sad since all my canned goods are still in the boxes-no shelving yet. Cody said,
"don't covet honey!" I'll try :)
Yum! I agree with you-the colors are beautiful. I swear that next summer I'm going to get a bunch of free jars and plant an even bigger garden and can till I can't can anymore! My mom will be lovin' your post I'm sure :)
DANG! You have been so busy! It looks like you have a great storage room too! I too am anticipating the Holidays. It's my favorite time of year. So don't feel like you're alone...it's October, the weather's getting colder, it's just inevitable we switch gears to the Holidays!
Yes, this is Lisa's mother feeling very proud of you and your preparedness efforts. I haven't seen a store room like that in many years. Good job! And Lisa, if you want to do that, go right ahead. This year you still had too many young children. Using these skills a little at a time eventually pays off big time. I wish I was still physically able to can, make gluten, bake, etc. You go girls!
Holy flippin cow! I soooo want to be like you! To have that wonderful storage filled with beautiful jars of yummy stuff! WOW!!! I bow down to you domestic goddess! Well as for the holidays it will be here faster than I can handle it.
Just kidding. It's so nice to see all your hardwork sitting somewhere just waiting to be enjoyed. I just did my first batch of pears ever-and I am very proud of myself. Although in this apt there wasn't really a place to store them but i got creative. Now i am going to try to make some jam while i can still get my hands on some good fall raspberries and while i still have my mom's waterbath. Now where to store those.....oh to have a house again.
Post a Comment