Friday, October 5, 2007
Conferance
I can't wait for conferance tomorrow. It is the high light of my week. I have been thinking of it all week and I can't wait. This year seems a little more highly anticipated than normal. But I have lots of plans with being with my family on this particular weekend. I also will be making Picallili sauce tomorrow as well as some green tomato salsa! I am even going to try some pickled green tomatoes. The lady at Robert's work swears by them. And I had never even heard of them!! But i have a TON of green tomatoes from the garden and so I am going to get adventurous and use them up!! We ate fried green tomatoes today for lunch and I liked them, but I'm not so sure that the kids were diggin' it. SO I am excited for the other sauces though. They are good on sandwiches (so are the pickled tomatoes) and the picallili sauce on crackers and meat. Apparantly in other parts of the nation it is considered a staple. I suppose like ketchup is at my house :-) !! So why not give it a try? The canning season is almost over. And I have yet to do applesauce. I'm getting a little nervous my trees didn't produce hardly any apples and the people who were going to give me some didn't end up with extra either. So I will make do. I guess. Also, a new concept was addressed to me today.And that is paying tithing on your garden. I think we'll start to do that. I had never heard of it before and was very intrigued. But I did think Ignorance is bliss and now that I know I will have to do better. So I guess this applies!! But really I am happy to do it since paying 1/10th is better than paying for the whole thing. ANd I would like the Lord to continue his blessings, soooooooooo............I think this is what we need to do.I hope all your conferance weekends go well. We're watching movie tonight so I've gotta go-bye'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment