Sunday, October 21, 2007

10 things.

  • Ten things you splurge on and ten things you save on. I saw this on my cousins blog, And I encourage you all to post it on your own bog!

    Splurge items

    1. date night dinners-gotta be good when I go out with my hubbie!
    2. make-up. Love it. Gotta have it!
    3. quality food for the fam. (doesn't mean name brand, just well prepared)
    4. shoes. love good quality shoes. They last longer and wear better.
    5. Hair cut. (for me) Love it at the salon!
    6. Cascade dishwasher soap. I think it works the best.
    7. Jeans for Robert. He rips out the cheap ones in 3 days!!
    8. Facial moisturizer. (for me) can't beat a quality face!!
    9. good BRA. Need's to fit the best. And I care where I buy this one!!
    10. jewelry making supplies. Fun, Fun, Fun.



    Save money items

    1. Halloween costume. make it or borrow it, or get it at D.I. not worth spending lots of $$
    2. Albertson's case lot sales. I buy 1-2 times a year and not again until the next sale. I get cereals for 50 cents and I buy the cream of mush. soups (and chicken) by the case as well.
    3. Hanes her way cheap t-shirts at walmart. I even by them on clearance. They are a great "uniform" to wear to clean the house in. They cost $5.50 normally unless you get on sale for like $3. I love this b/c if they get stained while cooking or cleaning I don't mind and I can save the good stuff for public.
    4. Canning free food. Like the neighbors apples or plums. Saves money in the long run and better quality too!
    5. Microfiber mop. Best investment ever. This thing is so good it doesn't even use cleaners to clean the floor. This way I only use water to do the floors and they look fabulous.
    6. Hair cuts for Ian and Brock. I even do Robert's. I don't love this but it saves alot of $$.
    7. Baking bread. Hardly ever buy the stuff anymore.
    8. paying bills online. Never send them snail mail. This way I save time and money (stamps)
    9. buying milk at the Dairy here where it is drive thru. Not going to the store when I don't absolutly have too keeps my money in my wallet where it needs to be!! (the drive thru milk thing is the best and I don't spend extra on stuff I don't really need!)
    10. planning a menu and sticking to it keeps us on a budget.

2 comments:

idahohubers said...

I'm right on board with your 10 splurges - except the cascade, we're electrosal fans. And I'd trade the jewelry supplies for ready made :-) I like buying good jeans for Jake too - he had on the one's today that make him look mmmm so hot! hee hee.

Hansen family said...

Fun to read your thoughts, I splurge and save on a lot of the same things, except make-up-I only have a few expensive items. Oh shoes, how can you argue with old perfect fitting pairs from college days?