Thursday, October 4, 2007

Crazy

I had a crazy mother moment today. Just ask my kids. They wouldn't keep the door shut (and its cold outside). SO after they left (and I had yelled for the door to be shut, about a thousand times) I went ahead and locked it. (Both front and back doors were opened, so I locked them both) The kids took a few minutes to figure it out, and then I just said nope you can't come in. I needed a few minutes, and I wanted them to shut the door. And not for me to have to remind them every time. After all the cold air is just breezing on in. So by the time they were allowed in they were much more contrite, and amazed at this particular approach. besides the fact that they were a little chilled. And bored out there..Since I made them stay out they didn't want to be there. Although. they have remembered to shut the door the rest of the day. I think the crazy mom is gonna be here for awhile. Well, until at least my husband is done with overtime. It always makes me a little unnerved when he's gone at night. And I don't sleep well b/c of it. He has been working 6-8 hours at night and then 10 during the day. like he comes home at 3:30am sleep until 6:30 am goes to work at 7 am comes home at 7 pm and then goes back to work at night. like around 9:30 pm they are crazy busy at work lately. It makes us both tired. The up side is -the overtime is nice :)

2 comments:

Lisa Huber said...

You get so creative with punishments - I like hearing your ideas :-) Jake has been comming home later than usual too and it just messes with the whole family routine. His schedule isn't nearly as overloaded as Robert's though - I feel for you guys.

Mikaela said...

Wow, I don't know how Robert is even hanging in there; or you for that matter! That's some busy times. I won't complain having to do things on my own anymore w/ just 1 kid! Hats off to both of you. Hopefully this crazy life and schedule won't last forever.