Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Callings!
This last Sunday I received a new calling. It's a little BITTER sweet. I can't decide if I'm more bitter than sweet. I am the new Den Leader in Cub Scouts. I was a CTR 8 teacher in the Primary. I didn't really enjoy that last calling. But I think it worked well with my schedule at the time. But the problem is, the boys I already know. I taught them all in Primary for the last 2 years. And they were a major pain in the Butt!!! I was looking forward to being able to get out of that calling (when the time came). But now I am with them all again. *sigh* So I will make the best of it. I have had several meetings this week and I think (?) I am making sense of all the madness. I like the people I will be working with. That is a definite perk. But I am sooooooooo nervous about the rest. My Mom says that it will be better. (She appartanly had this calling once, and she grew to really like it) So I have high hopes that I will, too. And who knows, maybe I'll grow to like the freak of nature shirt the scouts have to wear!! :) *giggle** No, really, it is a good change. I was ready. Now I just need to think positive to conquer this next challenge, -right?????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I never quite realized that you've had all these boys in your class for so long - that would be lame I agree. But regardless, I know your going to do great and we'll have plenty of fun. I keep thinking of all the cool things we could have the boys do that they would not get to do otherwise...
I bet the Pack meeting last night and the thought of wearing your sexy shoes with the scout shirt cheered you up a little. hee hee
I got a little 'taste' of these boys, I sympathize. What is it about boys?! My experience has been that alone, a boy can be as kind and as sweet as ever, put them with other boys and woah-watch out! You'll do great though, I'm sure of it :) We'll miss you in Primary.
Oh man! So glad it's you and not me! I had this calling and while it was fun sometimes, most of the time it was just work! I am sure you will have a completely different experience. All your boys will listen and be perfectly well behaved. Well we can hope, can't we!
Post a Comment