Friday, September 21, 2007

creativity and mice

So I am feeling creative today. I'm itching to get in the kitchen and make a new sauce. I think I'm going for a Chutney of some sort. I haven't ever made one before and I think it would be fun to try. I am also thinking of some Plum Sauce (the chinese flavored kind). I love to try out the new recipes. My girlfriend is making some Piccalilli sauce, and it sounds intriguing. I was recently given some more pint size jars and so I am dying to fill them with great things. I also think I will be doing some 3 bean salad. Perfect in the Pint size, since the whole family doesn't eat it-Just me!! I have a lot of ideas that I want to try out and I'm afraid I will run out of time!

Brynlee has her informative talk today! She chose to give it on Wolverines. We have learned more than I ever thought I would ever learn about this animal. I hope she does well and we will be going down to her PACE school to see her give it. GOOD LUCK Brynlee!!

Side note: Last night I woke up to a weird sound and I couldn't place it. I thought At first that Ian was tossing and turning and I could hear him getting up. So I got up and checked the boys and they were fast asleep. So I stood in the doorway of my bedroom and I could hear the sound again. And To my greatest fear it was a Mouse in the linen closet. So I was petrified. I ran to my bed (lest it ran from under the door and actually touched me!) And sat there listening to this 'noise'. I finally woke Robert and told him that a mouse was in the linen closet and that we had better get it. So he gets up and stands in the doorway and says "are you sure it's in there? or is it in the coat closet?" And I say no, stand in the hallway you can hear it! so he turns on the light-and starts to laugh. Brynlee had wrapped a present for a friend the other day and left the wrapping paper in my room and the ceiling fan was moving the paper to make the 'sound of a mouse'. (it had finally worked the roll loose enough to wiggle in the wind) So I said as regally as I could, Thank you for "catching" the mouse and I rolled over and pretended to go to sleep. I think my husband had a good ol' chuckle.

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

That's hilarious! I think my husband would've been mad and annoyed. You don't wake him up from his sleep unless it's an area of real concern (but to me, a mouse is that) but I think if it hadn't turned out to be that, he would've gotten ticked. lol! I'm glad that was all it was! :)