Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Fall
I am really starting to enjoy the fall. I love it that it is just a bit cooler outside. Although, getting up at 5:30 is starting to get really cold. I am trying to stay outside as long as I can but I think the days will be numbered. We'll see if I last past October. Anyway, This is the first year that I have had kids in school that I haven't volunteered for anything (at the school) I decided that we all needed a break. And I wouldn't do it this year. I feel slightly guilty about it. But I honestly think it will be for the best. I have enjoyed the kids being gone all day. I enjoy them when they come home! We have lots of homework at our house in the evenings, as well as the varied activities. So I am feeling the pressure to have more things done BEFORE they arrive home. I know that this sounds pretty cut and dry, but it isn't. It can be hard with the work load to get absolutly everything done before 2:30PM. I am trying out a few new things this fall. Like the canning. I have never done this quantity before. Also, some new implementation of the household cleaning and such. With laundry and all that. I feel like I need to up the pace a bit. At the end of my pregnancy with Alexa I had been on bedrest for nearly 6-7 weeks. so I was very behind when she was born. And then the whole newborn thing. So it is only now that I am catching my breathe and forging ahead-I think! So good luck to me and the new fall/school year I hope to have in the Fehrenbacker home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm lovin' the morning chill in the air too. I Guess you and Alisa will be sporting leg warmers and hats soon! I'm still trying to get into the swing of a housework routine. I had a great master plan once but never put it into action - you know laundry on this day, bathrooms on that...I think my plan went out the window when the girls were born and I have yet to reclaim my organized side!
Yeah, I'm not really sure how you keep up on everything you're doing! That is SO BUSY! The only thing I really can is just tomatoes. Well and sometimes jam, but not every year as we don't go through it that often.
I hate laundry! There are only 3 of us, and I hate it. I find that I do about 10 loads a week, so I don't know how others make it through! One thing though, we babysat for a family, and when their kids turned 8, they had to do their own laundry. Their mom would teach them how to sort it and then she'd check it for a while. Then she'd label the settings on her washer for the kids. I know the details cause I asked. I'm so doing that with my own kids. I think it's a cool idea...not sure if it's feasible, but you never know! Good luck getting it all done.
Oh, and don't feel guilty for not volunteering in classes. This same lady (who i have a lot of respect for) said that she used to have to farm out her babies to work in the classroom when she had an epifany (SP) one day that she shouldn't be working in the classroom if she had other small kids at home because it was more work to ship them off. Plus they needed her! So I think that is smart. So don't feel guilty. You can't do EVERYTHING!
Post a Comment