WOW!! I did 47 pints this weekend. I feel awesome! I did salsa (3 kinds), soup stock, sweet pickle relish, and pickled beets. So I feel alot better with the shelves downstairs a little fuller. I am not as overwhelmed with all that is to be done. Now that a little more is accomplished, I feel better with the to-do list knocked down a little. So tomorrow I am doing one more batch of sweet pickle relish and 1 more batch of salsa. That may be it for the salsa and pickle stuff. I still have beets in my garden so that will make one more batch yet to do. I would love to do whole tomatoes canned, frozen corn, and frozen carrots. And one more batch each of peaches and pears and applesauce and then I think that I will be done with this canning season-YEA!!!
Now I'm off to bed so I can start another day-hopefully I am able to get alot done even with Alexa and Brock home.
oh yea, I wanted to tell about Brock's prayers tonight. he is so cute these days. He is now praying that the 'spiders' won't get him at night. He didn't know that spiders can actually bite you until today. Boy did that information actually scare him. His face went white and he had a wide eyed look about him. But I had his full attention. and he really was interested in all the spider traps in the house. so hopefully the kid isn't to scared to sleep and will forget all about this by tomorrow. 'bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I so want to can now. I'm going to track down some tomatoes and can I get your salsa recipie, not the zuchinni one. Congrats on all you've accomplished!
Post a Comment