So we're back. After a very quick trip to Utah. We went down to Robert's work party. It was a blast. We actually had a hotel reservation. We went through Priceline.com which would be ok had we understood everything. Priceline upgraded our reservation which would be ok normally b/c we ended up with the Hilton. Yep, that's right! We got a great deal on a Hilton room, if we could have stayed in it! When we called to confirm they informed up that they have a 5 person room limit. And they wouldn't allow the kids to stay with us. Unless we got another room. This time without a discount. $167 a room is what they had available. Well that wasn't in the budget considering we had already paid for a room! So I called my brother and they were more than happy to help up out! THANK YOU LEE AND ASHLY!!! so they were a life saver. Actually the money for the room went completely wasted. No refund, no transferance for dates-nothing. And we didn't even use it. And Lee and Ashly are currently trying to sell their home and I was trying to save them headache with us there, but we came anyway and it all worked out!!We went to the 'This is the place monument' -very cool. This place is a recreation of the pioneers down town Salt Lake. And they had all sorts of fun activities for the kiddies. They had pony rides, pioneer crafts, train rides through the park and many other fun things to do. I think it was worth our money. Lots of the activities were all included in the entry fee (which is very cool) and we spent like 4 hours there. But easily could have spent more. The kids learned alot and we all had fun as well. SO everyone consider going there next time when your up by Parley's Canyon in Utah!
I did come home with a head cold but i think I may be starting to conquer that one, too! Oh, and an update. We bought Ian new shoes, I couldn't bear him walking out in Public with mismatched shoes. and the thongs weren't gonna cut it this trip. Soooooooo, new shoes, And I HOPE we find the other ones!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Ian's shoes! Between hand me downs and new ones, we have about 15 size 13 shoes kicking around, too bad Ian isn't a girl, we could've hooked him up! I'll have to file that away as a fun place to visit. My girls haven't been to Utah for a long time. I'd like to go down this Thanksgiving. Glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment