Sunday, September 23, 2007

Toddler

I just wanted to add that today at church my 3 yr. old was a little crazy, well........for that matter so was the 18 month old. They were all over the place. Neither had their afternoon nap so by sacrament meeting they were CRAZY!!! (Our sacrament starts at 3pm) we were a little late in finding a seat and since a new bishopric was being put in ,the ward had turned out all the spectators that don't usually come to church. So in essence my point is we had to sit in the back. On the metal chairs. Which is bad news for my crew. They always seem to be a little out of control in the back. And it echoes and it seems more noisy. So Robert had Alexa and I had Brock and he seemed to calm down and was doing ok. So during the sacrament prayer I made the cardinal mistake. I trusted that the 3 yr old would be good. I peeked during the prayer to 'check' on him and he was gone! So I frantically look around and realize that he has climbed the folding chair rack and is hanging up side down on it!! The big one in the gym that is 2 tiered, and half empty at this point! Yes, Very Dangerous. So I made the mad dash to grab him off of it and he starts to yell because he was having fun. About that time Alexa was losing it and I look at my husband and we seriously wonder 'what are we doing?' And Alexa then yells, I poopie. Which the sweet dear was entirely correct on. She had a serous major blowout! and so Robert left to change her and he took Brock too. I was done with them at that point. Which my very endearing husband missed the new Bishopric being put in and when he came back later he had to be informed. And it even will affect him a little since the Elder's Quorum Pres. was put in the new Leadership. (Robert is a counselor) So we will wait this week to see who will be in the next Elder's leadership. Hope all of your Sunday's went well. Bye'

3 comments:

Hansen family said...

Thanks for the laugh, how you described it was funny, not that I'm laughing at you though! Oh wow, I totally missed all that action, I need to sit in the back :) And yeah, it was packed today. Glad that Brock escaped safe and sound, could've been bad huh!

Mikaela said...

Oh man, that's crazy! I sometimes go to church and wonder what I'm doing there, and I just have 1 kid. Multiply by 5, and that's you! I'm sorry you had a rough day.

Anonymous said...

Holy moly! 3 o'clock church! I would flip out! I can't imagine having church until 6pm!!! You are a brave woman. Have I told you how much I admire you! Well I do! Have a fantastic day!