Saturday, August 11, 2007

Red Pens

Where have all the red pens gone? I have searched the city for red pens! (Well at least it seems that way!) We have been filling the kids school supply list this last week and I can't seem to find any red pens. I didn't exactly start early-but I'm not late either. I mean it is the first week of August and School doesn't start until the 20th. I seem to only be able to find the red pens every few years or so and I stock up on them, but this year I am out.........................Can't find watercolor paints either. This school list drive me a little crazy just because every one is filling the same order at the same time. While in Walmart yesterday (which was my 3rd store, and nobody else have the product even, or close to the price I found there) Brock started to flip out, I ended calling Robert -it was almost his lunch time and we were to meet anyway-and say come to the store and get him. I couldn't get him to chill out and he just wanted what he couldn't have-running all over and having whatever the other kids had on their list! While in Shopko he wouldn't stay by me and he got lost and I was paged over the speaker. Well when I went to claim him he wouldn't talk to me and the people weren't sure I was his mother and they almost wouldn't let me take him!!! That was embarrassing! he was contrite when I saw him and had dropped his head like he knew I was gonna be upset and wouldn't look me in the eye. I was still irritated-I guess he wasn't missing long enough for me to be scared yet. Although when I picked him up he cuddled right in to my shoulder and wouldn't let go. So maybe he was scared after all? Or just scared of his ogre mother? who knows! Anyway by the time we got to Walmart he was tired of being told no candy, no backpack, no.no. no. and so I guess that was HIS breaking point. Robert met me there and took the kids so I could finish the last of it. We still have one more trip to make and we'll be done. This time Brock isn't even getting close to the store!We still have underwear to buy and some socks and Ian's shoes, For the most part all the rest is done. Yooo that will be a relief.

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who has had a child melt-down in the store. I remember one time we ran off from my mom in a store (i actually think it was shopko too) and we had her paged. She was so mad...although I was obviously old enough to remember it...so maybe 5 or so. Scary when it's your 3 year old. Oh, and that's weird there are no red pens. Do they have like Office Depot or anything there? They always have red pens, but you will probably spend more $$$ on them, which stinks! Happy shopping!