So I heard a quote the other day that I just love- "Stress is when your brain says NO and your mouth says YES!" I absolutly love this. This happens to me and I'm sure it happens to others. I have been wanting to put up vinyl lettering in my house (on the walls) and this phrase is in the top running-somewhere. I'm not sure where yet, though.
The kids have been doing quite well at their paper route. They work hard and they don't even complain! They have got it down to about 1 hour 15 minutes. And it's done. We got them the route so they could learn the value of hard work and money managment and all that, but the blessing that I didn't know that would come of it is that by working together as a family it creates a unity that is hard to develope in other areas. The kids have a combined goal and they work well at accomplishing it! They like the cash and I like everything else. I also get to be with them for 2 hours a week uniterupted and out of the house. Sounds crazy but it's not all bad. I am still holding my breathe for the fall though. We'll see how it all works when school starts. Brock and Alexa don't even cry in the car for the most part. They have also seemed to handle it well. So I have been pleasantly suprised. Robert has been super busy right now. For those of you who don't know -he's been doing alot of the work on the Idaho Falls Temple and is over the remodel of the visitor's center. That has taken alot of his mental energy of late. But I am glad for him b/c it's the kind of work he has always wanted to do. And I think it's a little full cirlce for him, from when he was little and dreaming of this kind of work. I have been so proud of him. Enough gushing, I just thought I would get that out there.hope all of you have very happy productive day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh yes, it's much easier to say yes than have to speak up for yourself :) I know a gal that does vinyl lettering when you get the itch to get some up. Good for Robert, so nice to finally have all that hard work and school 'paying' off! You should be proud!
How totally me! Seriously. I love that quote and will have it put up in the laundry room. That or drop your drawers here. Have a great day!
Post a Comment