Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fall Harvest

I'm so excited to start canning salsa this weekend. I am gearing up for it -I love to make salsa. I also am planning to do more peaches and pears as well as pickled beets-YUM! our favorite. So it's nice to see my garden come to fruitition. It will be super busy but I don't mind when I see all the jars lined up on the counter. (I do most canning outside) So my kitchen doesn't get to bad. My kids are becoming good helpers too. I also like to can in the pint jars- I think they are so cute! Productivity of the fall Harvest-I love it and hopefully I can bust a move and really make headway! wish me Luck!!

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

Hey Melissa--I tagged you on my blog for this middle-name thing! So check it out, and tell us all about yours!

5dollarFanatic said...

How do you can salsa and can i get the recipe?? I have done tomatoes in the past-but everyone i talk to says that whenever they have done salsa it hasn't turned out. Anyway if yours turns out great and yummy..let me know the secret.