Friday, August 24, 2007

A bad Week

So, this has been one of the worst week's in recent history. And I had such high hopes for it. My mom came to visit and the kids had their first week of school. But My baby just got sicker and sicker and I too got ill. I think I threw up for 5 days straight. it was awful. The Dr. did give us medicine to stop the nausea but oh I wished I had died. I am still recovering. I can't hardly walk around the house without getting tired or dizzy. My mom was a life saver and she was a trooper. I think we were probably the worst hosts ever but she allowed me to stay in bed the whole time and take care of the kids. (I did try and call her and tell her not to come but I missed her and she had already left, and I didn't really think I would be THAT sick!) Now the worst part Alexa is still sick like that and she has an abcess in her butt and it's a pretty horrible one. We had it cultured and aparantly it is MRSA so that really sucks. I think the DR. was Suprised but truthfully I wasn't . I think in my gutt I knew it. That is why I insisted on the culture. It is the only way I could figure why we were getting all the sores. And the DR. also thinks we have a predisposition for the sores anyway. So that is our terrible news. but, things are looking up. I feel better. My husband is feeling better and had the time from work to help us. And Alexa is starting to mend. So that is all good. Wish up Luck!!

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

Oh wow! NOT GOOD! Maybe it was a blessing that your mom was there during all of that. I'm sorry you've all be really, really sick. I hope you recovery really quickly now. Oh, and poor Alexa! How sad. I really am sorry! Are any of the other kids sick? I hope not!

Anonymous said...

Melissa- So sorry you've been sick, it's the worst when the mommy's sick. Glad your Mom was there to help. Sweet Alexa, can her abscess be treated with antibiotics or is it a surgery? Give me a call if you need a hand with anything!? Get feeling better!

Melissa said...

Tanya, right now she is on antibiotics. We will see how it goes from there. She's pretty dehydrated and we don't know if they will put her on an IV yet. The DR is still deciding as of today. Thanks for asking.

Melissa said...

Update on baby, she is going to be on an IV for 3 days to rehydrate and get more antibiotics. So thankfully this can get under control.