Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ian's Birthday!!

Today is my baby Ian's birthday, he's getting so big. He turns a whopping 6 today! When I remember back 6 yrs. ago I was so excited to have a baby boy! and also he was so big! he weighed in at 9lb. 14oz. I know-he's huge. and he still is a big kid. But now he's going to 1st grade. We are so proud of him. He has worked hard on his speach therapy. He is growing up in so many other ways and it is a true joy to have him in our family. He is excited to be older too, and that is fun to watch. Ian I love you!

Now today at church is the visiting teaching lesson so the Priesthood take over all our callings so every woman can be in Relief Society. So today I even get to take a day off and not have to prepare a lesson and such. Consequently, my poor husband is taking on alot of duties and he is teaching a class as well as doing sharing time, SO GOOD LUCK, ROBERT!!! I so wish I could be a fly on the wall in Primary and see how that goes!! LOL

5 comments:

idahohubers said...

I can't even imagine having a 6 year old - only 2 more years. I do look forward to watching my kids grow up. I also think Ian is adorable and so fun! All your children have wonderful spirits and personalities. I too wish I could observe Jake at work in his Primary duties. There is something about watching our 'men at work' that is really entertaining and special :-)

Mikaela said...

That is awesome Robert had to do Sharing Time! I definately know what that's like. I can't believe Ian's 6 already. I don't think I've seen him since he was about 3...man how time flies! Oh, and you need some sort of medal...9 14 is INSANE to have to give birth to. What was your dr. thinking?

Melissa said...

yes, he was a big 'en but, the doctor was surprised by his size. Although I did say I thought he was a bigger baby than the girls. They actually induced me early and he was that big. He is still big for his size. As he wears size 8 pants. and he is not fat -at all. anyway, Pregnancy was pretty horrid with him. (all of my babies since have been pretty big)
Sharing time went well actually, Robert has helped me with sharing time before (I serve in the primary currently) and he is really good with kids. But the men being in charge in there was hilarious. As they don't even know the primary songs!!

Melissa said...

I wanted to add to my comment and say that I only gained 15 lbs. with Ian's pregnancy. So I think that is why the doctor didn't think that he waould be that big.

Hansen family said...

Happy Birthday Ian, we all love you here at the Hansen house, you cutie!