Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Confession

So, I am feeling the like I need to let all know that I love, absolutly love to play music LOUDLY! consequently my kids think that is how you are supposed to play music. I listen to all sorts of music. We are somewhat music obsessed at our house. We usually have some sort of music on at all times. And I don't usually like to talk alot when I have it on. I want to hear the music, if Robert or the kids want to talk I usually have to turn it off, It kind of ruins it for me if I don't. I think My husband watches movies for an "out" and I do the music thing. Now, for the teeny bopper in me, I love top 40s music. I think it is a little of the rebellious side in me coming out. Now I know that there are those of you out there, that are laughing at me. and my "rebelliousness". But for me, this is the last frontier of my life before I was married. I do listen to all sorts of music. Another favorite is Big Band Music. Right now I am really digging "Big Bad VooDoo Daddy" Their music rocks. and the kids really get into it. Also, I have to admit that I really am getting into Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry". It resonates with me a little. I think I really get into music that is a little sad and I really like music using minor keys. I think that must say something about me -but I am NOT SURE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT DOES MEAN! I usually like to think that I am an upbeat person. But who knows? So today-and I think- this summer, I am really into music.

3 comments:

idahohubers said...

Melissa - My inner teeny bopper is alive and well too! I love lots of the popular music of the day. I used to watch Lizzy McGuire (disney chanel). And I own that Fergie CD! Don't judge people there are a few songs I never play, but I LOVE her song Finally and MaryJanes, and Big Girls Don't Cry and I think one or two others. I even watch the some of the Disney made for TV movies like High School Musical.

It's good to let out the child in us!

idahohubers said...

Oh, I forgot - Love the big bands too. You've brought back memories of weekly swing dances when I was in college - what good times we had!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I feel sad thinking about how I used to blast the music in my car and home, but with kids and so much noise happening, it seems I don't listen to it as much as I used to. I too love a bit of everything, it's funny what moves you one day to the next...it's o.k., enjoy what you enjoy I say! :)