Friday, February 8, 2008
OK?!
Sometimes I think, "What is wrong with me?", my husband just called to say that he hit a patch of black ice and did a 180 on Memorial drive. What do I do? Lecture him on how fast he was going. NOT COOL. I hate it when I do that. I think my fear for his safety translates into aggitation. It comes out in accusing tones of "How fast were you going, is someone else around?" When I should have said. "oh, honey are you OK?" "Do you need anything?" For the record he is fine. And he is a good driver. I don't always transmit that well. So I'm sorry. There is always hope that next time I will respond better. oh, and have a good day-Husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Totally understand. I had a similar experience in HS. I was driving one of the back roads in Basin City, wait that's all there is in Basin City. Anywho, I ended up off the road in a bank of snow. I walked to the nearest house and called my dad. I told him what happened and the first thing he said was, "Is the car okay?" I felt like saying, "Well I have a cut 5 inches across my forehead and bleeding profusely, and two broken legs, but the car is just FINE!"
Post a Comment