Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bye, Bye Credibility

So I've lost it, credibility that is, at least with one of my neighbors. Everytime this person comes over, my house looks like a hurricane just hit it. It's not like I don't do anything all day, I'm busy, believe me. But The kids do outnumber me and It shows -on alot of days. They can undo what I have worked on all day in less that an hour. We have this good friend and it seems that whenever they drop by it's stinky, dirty, unswept, fingerprints everywhere and so on. It's horrible. I think they now look at me and go-"sure lady, you'll get to this mess, sometime in the next MILLENIUM!! -already thinking that it is always dirty when I come by and you always apologize and you stammer and tell me it always isn't this way and so forth..........." (insert deep sigh) It's just I wish I had it more together ALL the time. I so desperatly want to be better organized. It's not likely to happen. Not anytime soon though. I think I can only do my best. I know that. I know that it shouldn't matter what other think. I know that. But somehow the feeling wheedles itself in and I think, what if I.............And that is where I think I go wrong. So I resolve to turn over and new leaf and accept that I am not a work horse and that I don't want to spend EVERY SINGLE HOUR cleaning. Face it, that's what it would take at my house! I accept the dirty cheerios in my cushions, I will accept that my kid has a dirty face. I will not be bothered by uncombed hair. BAckpacks strewn all over the place shouldn't matter -right? I guess it depends upon the day you catch me. Hopefully it won't be the day it's always dirty!!!

1 comment:

5dollarFanatic said...

Well i am with you-I only have three and its a battle. Though i have been in immaculate homes that housed more children and thought "does this mother ever sleep?" Everyone needs a break from work-especially moms. Doing what you want to do doesn't make you lazy- it just means that you will be happier because you know how to play too-thus eliminating alot of unneeded stress and depression from your life.