
So Tonight was my first night going to New Beginnings as a PARENT. Brynlee will be 12 this year. So they invite all the prospective girls to come and get to know the program, and be excited for Young Women's. I loved it. I can't wait for her to enter. And from what she said, she can't wait either. She was a natural. I think this may be a long year for her in Primary. I can so relate to her. I think my last year in Primary was torture. I so desperatly wanted to move on. And unfortunatly, I probably wasn't the best kid in Primary because of it. She fit right in with the other girls, and the best part. They were so warm and inviting and excited to see her. I don't know that there is that many in Primary her age left. And I think it's a bit lonely. Oh, well, such is life. I was loving the whole Yound Women attitude. And the BEAUTY!! I so miss that being in scouts. I miss the beautiful women to talk to. the environment is so different in Scouts. ONe that I am still trying to adjust to. Tonight made me remember the differences. Scouts is great too. I just have to work a bit harder at it.
On a completely different note, This Friday I will be going to my little brother's graduation. I am so proud of him. HE is in a school for boys that have learning disabilities and can't quite go to college but are ready to leave home. I think he has excelled at this institution. I think I see vast growth in him, both emotional, spiritual, and maturity. He is still working on alot of things. And life for him will probably never be easy with his particular disabilities, But you know, he is making it. HE succeeding at a life he can be proud of. And I think that is all anyone really wants-right? SO Congratulations!! Ryan!! Good Job. And good luck to you for your future after Scenic View!
3 comments:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while! YW are great! I am MiaMaid advisor right now. Oh, please tell Ryan congratulations for me! That's awesome!
I can't believe she is almost old enough for YW. I miss the lovely girly-ness of YW too!
Brynlee is really becoming a beautiful young lady and sounds like she's pretty smart as well-congrats to you as a her parent. When I think of Whitney turning 12 i just want to cry- i hated being referred to as a child after that age. So awesome for Ryan-haven't seen him in along while-i'm glad that he's doing so well and will pass the word on to those of the family that don't blog.
Post a Comment