Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snow trip

This past weekend we went on a sledding/snowmobiling trip to a lodge in the mountains! (It was with the Ward) The kids had alot of fun. It was one of the trips that I was like are you serious, you really want to go? So we packed up the kids, got all our stuff together and headed off, but not before I almost made the family turn around while we were packed up. It was so daunting. And I didn't realize that we would be trekking in on a snowmachine. It was late and freezing, but we made it. The kids had an absolute blast. We parked our car in the parking lot and the Elder's quorum was all ready to pack up our stuff on the tobagan's. They carted it all a mile in. It was fantastic. We all rode the snowmachine's in. It was amazing. The lodge was very spacious. We had our own room and the kids were right at home. They went sledding all day on Saturday and just really enjoyed themselves. So now I am glad that we made the effort to go. It is memories like this that the kids remember -right? I'm hoping so! Besides there was 5 babies up there. We weren't the only CRAZY family. one baby was 4 weeks old even. :-)

4 comments:

Andi said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun. I wish we could have gone!

Nichole said...

Melissa, you are telling it like a true Idahoan--SNOWMACHINES! Come on, don't you remember your roots? Up north (Washington) we call them snowmobiles. j/k
Sounds like you had a great time. It would be nice to get away.

Melissa said...

actually, Nichole, I call them snowmobiles too, but I thought when I typed it, it looked mispelled!! :)

Ashley said...

Bummer, we wanted to go but we ended up getting sick. Sounds like it was a good time.