




Alexa, getting ready to kiss Gavin's hand.The other day Gavin was a bit fussy so Robert plopped him into this box to keep him busy. HE LOVES IT! it's small enough that if I give him a toy he will just sit in it and play. The kids will also push him around the living room. He likes that too. The hardwood floors make it easy for the kids to push him around. I've always wanted a Bumbo, but maybe we'll forgo the expense, after all we have a CHILI box! :) I'm off to the dentist today. Jade and Ian are having teeth pulled. It's preparation for orthodontia work. Hopefully it will minimize what Ian will have to have done. I'm always hoping!
On another note, Robert's work is doing fairly well. Robert informed me that this week 2 other architecture firms in the area have laid off most of the employees and that another one still in business is not offering ANY benefits -at all. So I am feeling the blessings today. We did take a pay cut. But we have a solid job. We have our medical insurance still and a 401 (k). It's not much but I'm very, very grateful for it today. Besides I think it will be a matter of time before we get things back again. Robert has found out that they have some major projects in the works. I AM VERY HOPEFUL!!
Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:
Melissa - you are such a good mom and a great friend. You are inspiring me lately with your positive attitude and the energy with which you approach your life, kids, etc. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog - it was what I needed!
I can't believe he is 6 months already! Boxes are underrated - we've always loved them at our house though! Bumbo-shumbo. I'm starting to feel bad about Scouts (not guilty bad, just bad for bailing for so long and so often) Thanks for all your help covering for me. I'm glad to hear that Robert's work is picking up again. I'm liking your baking posts. Bakerella is a fun site but I can't decide what to make and my cakes never turn out how I imagine them to. I'll have to try the choco bundt - yum!
Cute baby!!
Reading anything about the arch. profession is sooooo depressing. Aaron is guaranteed a job till May (beginning or end, we don't know) and then after that it depends on if they get any more jobs. Yikes!
It's great to read your blog and catch up on your family news. It looks like you have been doing lots of baking - kids as well as cakes. lol
That was my favorite infant age with Abby. Gavin is a cute little guy!
Post a Comment