So I like to go to the Bakerella site and just admire her stuff. I think this lady is simply amazing. She inspires me, so when I saw this cake I just HAD to do it. I even knew of the perfect family that should receive such a glorious thing. They have had a tough time of late, so I baked this think and took it over to their house, which of course we stayed and ate it with them. (I guess that was the trade off , they get cake and so they had to put up with all of my family) They didn't seem to mind though.







It's so pretty!!
We had alot of fun making this! Don't look to close, I made plenty of mistakes, but it's so worth it!
This cake tastes better over time as well!!
6 comments:
I really want to make this but it looks so intimidating! Now that a "real" person has made it too, I think I can :)
That is so wonderful and such a fun treat to take to someone to cheer them up!
okay-i've been wanting to make a cake the last two weeks-I guess i just found the right one. Yipee..any tips??
You are the second person I know that made this cake this week. Oh it looks so yummy!! Nice job.
Arin, I would use the disposable cake pans, made a huge difference. Also, I rushed the process and the longer the cake sits the better it tastes. The 2 different icing's in the recipe on her site were to rich. SO I would just stick with one next time. If you look really close to the sliced piece you can see that some of the layers don't go all the way to the end. That is because I noticed that not all of my 'layers' baked exactly evenly, so to remedy this I cut the middle of the cake out (of that layer) so the cake would stacke evenly. I hope this all makes sense! :) good luck!
I really am impressed!! good job for you - it looks super tasty too!!
Post a Comment