So today I am grooving to my Twilight soundtrack! Thank you ANDI! My girls are now official twilight geeks-thanks to me I guess. Or as I heard them called-- tweaks (twilight geeks). This music really gets me going, as well as the tracks from the making of the books, thanks again Andi. They have been a life saver. This weekend at church I was made aware that a good friend of mine is having major OCD withdrawls. That is --Obsessive Cullen Disorder. HA HA Thanks, Jen for the fun! I still gotta see your scrapbook. though, and we need to make our golden onion...
The girls are now all over the Twilight movie. They're fun to talk about it with. I have still withheld the books because they're a bit young. The movie was benign so I thought it would be ok. In a few years they can read the books. I made Brynlee wait because once you start reading you will want to read them all. Let's leave some fun for when she's 15. It'll be ok!! :) But it's hilarious to see them talk about Edward and check out the movie paraphenalia!
I need to give a shout out to Robert for going out at midnight to get me the movie, to only come home to a wife who is passed out on the bed. When awoken ,I just crawl into bed, at that point it's all I could think of. I guess my age is starting to show! He took it in good stride though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
THANK YOU - I have heard of so many YOUNG girls reading these books, and I just think they are too mature. Not the language or events in the books, but the themes, the subject matter, the read-between-the-lines stuff. I just can't imagine letting my girls read them until they're 15-16ish. I'm so glad to hear someone else feels the same way!
So - I know everyone has their own copy of the DVD, but I still want to get together to watch it!
Actually in our ward-it is the opposite-no one wants their kids to read them until they are like 18. And as a beehive advisor, I get to hear alot of complaining..oh well. Maybe by the time whitney is 12-they will be somewhat forgotten and I won't have to worry about it-but I am sure there will be something else. And I would wait until 15 too-unless I felt my daughter would read it without my permission anyway..i'd rather read it with her..and have discussions about the book's ideas vs. the alternative.
Post a Comment