Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Meloncholy

I'm super homesick today. I just wish I lived by the fam. It's not that I don't like Idaho Falls, or that I want to be in Washington. -it's not that. I don't miss the land, or the places I grew up. I miss the people that infuenced my life. I miss my family all being in one place. I miss the infectious laughter of the brothers chuckling about something. I like the late night games. I love it that my siblings are hard working, funny, Not shallow at all. Kind of people.

My Dad was released from the hospital last night. His recovery has been speedy because it's only been a week since his 'emergency surgery'. But now he is in a hotel room in federal way working on his strength. Hoping that in another week they will release him to go home, truly home. I'm so grateful he's better and that they were able to 'patch' him up. I love talking to him on the phone. he sounds so much better than a week ago. Blessing are abundant. I really am grateful for that. But I wish that I could be there to support him. I wish I was able to be by my Mom's side this week. To support her. But it didn't work out. So I guess I'll just pray for the best. And hope Spring comes early this year. I think that's what I need to 'work out' this cabin fever!

6 comments:

5dollarFanatic said...

Hey if you ever do head that way in the future-you can always stop by for a rest at our house in Boise/Meridian. I am glad your dad is doing much better- I heard about him while at moms-through Uncle Jim. I am sure it was so hard for you that you couldn't be there. I will keep you in my prayers and hope you have a better day!!

Mikaela said...

That's great news about your dad! When my mom was telling me about it, I just couldn't believe how bad he was! I hope he gets well enough to go home soon. At least he's out of the hospital where they're poking and prodding you all night!

Hang in there! I'm sure your mom understands you'd be there if you could, and I'm sure you're a phone call away when she needs to talk with someone!

Ashley said...

I feel bad, but what is going on with your dad? I am glad he is doing better.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

idahohubers said...

Hard times! I'm sorry. I'm glad he's improving. I can imagine how much you want to be there. Thank you for your nice comments while I've been gone and for covering scouts .... yet again!

Nichole said...

The weather is so depressing. I think that when the weather is so gloomy it makes a bad/sad situation seem even worse. When scary things happen in families it's natural to want to "band" together. Count yourself lucky that you have such a close knit family! We love you guys. Have a better day.

PhillipsFam said...

oh man - I didn't realize I was sad for family time until I read this post!! not really fair - but I'm in the same boat you are! (especially the games and all the junk food we eat while playing them!!!)