Wednesday, February 25, 2009

orthodontist

the time has come in our house hold, we went to the Orthodontist. I have to add that I did it in true Melissa form. I called the insurance and got all the info I needed. I only have 1 orthodontist in southest idaho that takes my insurance, so that dictates where I am going. By the way, the only one that takes my insurance is in Rigby. But I was willing to make the trek. So I made the appointment, let the kids know what was up. Got the x-ray's transferred and all that. I made extra time to get there.

I got lost.

I know, I know it's only Rigby, but when you take the wrong exit, it's all down hill from there. The kids were like "Mom, do you even know where your going?" well kids, apparantly not!! Eventually I made it. I went in (I was only a few minutes late) and let the receptionist know that I got lost, I was sorry and all that. She was like no problem, did you come from Rexburg? I'm like -no Idaho Falls, why? and she's like well you do know that we have an office in IF -right? I'm like that would be good info to know!! Well it turns out their office is like 3 blocks from my HOUSE!! so It's in true melissa form how this all turned out! But yippee!! the office will be close to my house that will make things so easy!! as it turns out brynlee needs full on braces, upper and lower for 2 years (it might be less) Jade needs teeth pulled and phase 1. I repeat PHASE 1. are you kidding me, she will actually need phases? Well, I guess bring it on. What else would I expect after all, her mouth has had every issue available. And we still have to talk bonding and veneers, but not before they're straightened! Ian also needs teeth pulled to start and his mouth is a whole other post. But right now, Robert and I have decisions to make!

5 comments:

Hansen family said...

That could've been me! Your telling of it is funny, glad the office is close. Your girls and pocketbook have my sympathies, I had braces for 3 years, with headgear and teeth pulled- not fun, but worth it I suppose!

Nichole said...

Ooh, so sorry that your kids have to have major work done. My kids have no chance. When Spencer was two the pediatrician already told us to start saving for braces!

PhillipsFam said...

funny story! I love it when people ask questions like that -it's like "ya, I knew there was an office in IF, but came all the way here instead"

5dollarFanatic said...

Oh..Well I hope since your choices are narrow that he's a good orthodontist. Whitney will need braces on her bottom teeth-she had three pulled about a year ago-because the dentist said they would grow in crooked if we didn't-one came in sideways anyway. She is already nervous about braces-and she's only seven. So when the big day comes around-post pictures so I can show Whitney that they really aren't that bad.

idahohubers said...

That is super funny! You have my sympathies too on the expense of braces. I still wish that my parents had done mine when I was 12 or 13. I've talked to several orthodontists who say the same thing ..."if you had this done at 12 it would have been so easy." Yeah, I KNOW! I still haven't fixed my teeth because it will cost at least $8000, involve surgery and take 3 years. Lame. Spare your kids from teeth like mine :) Maybe by the time I'm 40 I'll get it done!