So the time has come for our family to get a bigger car. We have certainly enjoyed our new space!! This car is a suburban, which I started to call the 'Burb. Robert has now dubbed it 'Hank'!! He feels like that commercial years ago (I don't even remember what it was promoting) where this guy was walking around with a cheering section behind him who cheered him on through out life. The guy's name was Hank and they chanted his name quietly while he was in a job interview. We loved that commercial and still laugh about it now, so when Robert started to call it 'Hank', I was like sure, why not??





(I asked Brynlee to take these pictures. Sorry they're weird and dark, but it's what I have today!)
We went on a road trip this week. We tested the limits of Hank. And boy it was nice to travel with a little more space. We went to a funeral in Hurricane, Utah. It was so nice down there. I seriously was wishing that I lived there. The weather was perfect. It was balmy, I could seriously consider winter in a place like that! This snow we have is overrated!! It was amazing to see the colors of the mountains. And the views were spectacular. I miss the views like that, living in the city doesn't give you that much of a view. I love to see the mountains but also see the horizon and sky. I think Southern Utah had the best balance of that that I've seen. The mountains aren't to large. St. George is a beautiful city as well. We toured Brigham Young's winter home and the tabernacle. The kids had a great time and so did we. Seeing family was fun and makes me a little homesick!
On the way home, we passed through Provo and had lunch with my brother who lives there. It was a fun visit to see where he lived and chat with him in his own environment. He seems really 'at home' there. Which is a good thing!
7 comments:
nice ride! I LOVE the interior too! the paint job gives it a lot of personality too - you will never have to wonder which huge, white suburban is yours!
It is great to get in touch with you again. I loved seeing the pictures of you and your children. My brother's famiy has a Suburban and they like the space too. I bet you are glad gas prices are down.
I looooooooove the cheerful pinstriping on the side! Congrats on graduating out of the minivan stage!
Nice! I am so glad you have space to travel with the fam! Next time, you can take a roadtrip down here to SLC!
I grew up in St. George and really LOVE it. Glad you enjoyed your trip.
I LOVE your new car!! We have a Suburban and I love it, I love the space, plus it makes me feel tall when I'm driving it:) Glad you are back, I have missed seeing your family. So when are you coming to Arizona?????
melissa,
it makes no sense why I have a car that big but it is called the swat vehicle...YSA came up with that one.
Post a Comment