Wednesday, February 11, 2009

HSM




I am sooo grateful for High School Musical. I was very skeptical when this came out. I really poo pooed it-so to speak. And then I was at my sister-in-law's house and my kids were watching it and Ashly was like "really, it's good. I even like it!" So I sat down to see what it was all about! Boy was it good. I only saw a few minutes worth, but now we own the movies, have the sound tracks and I took the girls to see the 3rd one on the opening day at the Theatres. We even have the Karoake versions for Brynlee's machine. IT IS FUN!! Lots, and lots of healthy fun. I am so grateful for it. I have completely jumped on this bandwagon because it's something that has a positive message delivered in a fun way to the kids. (And I secretly want Sharpay's hair!) But my love for HSM has come to a new level. On our trip to Southern Utah we caravaned with Robert's family. And at one point Brynlee, Jade and Alexa were in the car with Robert and I. (Gavin doesn't count for this purpose!) We were totally rockin' to the HSM soundtracks! We all knew the words and it was so fun-ok, Alexa even knew the words and would sing them-hilarious!! anyway, during this time, I felt such gratitude that I could have this with my girls. That I could be 'cool' and fun to them. That we all had such a good time together. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, and for the record. Troy's song "Bet on It" is my favorite!!

4 comments:

Andi said...

I totally agree - good, clean fun. And, who are we kidding, Zach Efron is HOT! BUT, my all-time favorite HSM song is "I Don't Dance" (the one from the baseball scene in HSM 2). Fun stuff!

idahohubers said...

I love those movies too! I have one soundtrack but still haven't seen the third movie! Sad. I listened to the soundtrack so much at first that Jake was actually asking me to turn it off - even though he liked it (the first, not the hundreth time).

PhillipsFam said...

yea - I did something good for once!! our fav song is "The Boys are Back" from 3, even Kels knows the words (it is cute and fun and funny to hear them). Thanks HSM for helping moms all over get "cool"!!!!

PhillipsFam said...

just went and bought this yesterday, I think the girls are watching it for the third time already!! atleast they dance to it - that's active, right?