Friday, May 30, 2008

The APPOINTMENT

Well, I made it to my Dr. appointment yesterday. And here it is- WE're having a BOY!!-- very exciting. That is actually what we thought it was. Robert was GLOWING. He always enjoys this part. I think too that he had gotten a glimpse earlier on in the scan before the technician actually said anything. I peeked at him and he was pretty smug. It was fun. Yes, we did decide to find out. I was on the fence and couldn't decide, Robert really wanted to know, and I knew that I wouldn't get what I really wanted- which was not quite fair of me, but I wanted Robert to want a suprise as much as I wanted it. I wanted him to be completely on board with the idea. Not quite fair I guess. To his credit he was willing to go along with what I wanted. But I wanted him to want it too! So I thought I'm gonna stop this craziness and just find out and move on. so that is what we did. I love it that the ultrasounds take longer these days. It's just fun to watch them. When I first had them They were over in like 10 minutes. but now they take like an hour. I think the difference is 12 years ago the machines couldn't check as much and now they can check just about everything. my last 4 kids have had very long and in-depth scans! Baby is still measuring big. But really what can they do about it now? Not much from my experience. It is what it is.

I really hope it stops raining. We are pushing to finish up our garden this weekend. And I have Rhubarb to harvest. It's getting a little out of control. I also am planning to put grub worm killer on the lawn today. It has gotten pretty rampant in our neighborhood and I hope to put an end to the buffet that our grass has become.

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

Congratulations on boy #3! That's exciting. Now you will have 3 and 3! I admit it is pretty cool to see the baby on ultrasound.

Anonymous said...

So much fun boys are! Now you will have even numbers just like us, but more of them LOL! Have a great day! ~Ashley