Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Police or the DR's?
Yesterday, I went to the DR.'s office to pick up more meds for my Hubby. As I left the office and got in my car, a sedan pulled up next to me and it was full of people. 3 adults and several small children. All without seat belts. Now I normally wouldn't think to much about it. But the Husband in the front seat pulled out a half-gone bottle of Corona Beer and proceeded to swig it. Then the wife grabbed it and took her fill, then the husband again. While doing this, they turned to me and laughed and hollered! I backed out of the parking spot and then the grandma got out of the back seat and laughed at me as well, when I left. I felt really conflicted. I wasn't sure what to do. It seemed so negligent. It was brazen. And I know this part sounds dumb but only 11:30 am. With kids in the car!! So I pulled out my cell phone and called the DR.'s office and told them what I saw. These people were walking in to the office at this point. The whole time I had this fear of what if I was mistaken? What if it's not beer? Maybe, that's why they were laughing at me? Maybe I was just a trouble maker? But who drives around with a beer bottle with something else in it? I didn't know if the police would do anything, since they were no longer in the road. But I figured the Dr.'s office has a legal responsibility since they were notified and they would figure out weather they were drunk or what. who knows!! anyway, glad it's not my life style..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah, I saw so many different lifestyles with these apartments and trailers we managed this winter and all I could come back to was, "the poor kids." Kind of sad!
i am glad you did something-Better to be safe than sorry. Maybe you saved those people from getting into an accident-with all of those innocent lives in the car. I applaud you.
Yipes. Good for you though. Truly who know what you prevented from happening! Have a great day!
Post a Comment