Wednesday, March 26, 2008

kids

So I never realized what a difference an older sibling makes untill I had kids. With the two girls born first it was great. They played together well, and the toys were alot of fun. And don't forget the fun I had with dressing them up. Then came Ian, my first son. He has quite an artistic flare, it's rooted in his personality. It's who he is. BUT and this, I think, is huge as well, He plays with his sister Jade all the time. And they played HER WAY! so he is a pro at all pretend play. Brock came along and took right to all the boy toys and he and Ian together are quite the little 'team' when they play together. It's funny. Jade is over the top feminine and Brock is very rough and tough boy. I think it is from the influence of their older siblings. It's also their personality and it's in-grained in them, but I think the influence that is always there, never ceasing, has made an affect. Now we get to Alexa. She is very, very girly and the older girls love to have her around and play with her. She absolutly adores them. But she has the influence of her older brothers as well, so we have quite the mix with her. So hence the picture below. Alexa has a doll stroller, doll playpen and more. But what is her 'stroller' of choice? Well, naturally -a DUMP TRUCK!! haha. I got a huge kick out of this. Also, she found this baby bottle nipple, (I have no idea where or how!) She thinks the way to use this is to put it upside down on the baby's face, too funny!!

1 comment:

5dollarFanatic said...

so true so true-i wonder what you will be having next and how it affects alexa later. I thought the picture cute-it's really funny how they will mix gender toys like that. Whitney and Amber both played with boy toys before they even knew what dress up was-Whitney because all of her friends were boys until about age 3 1/2, Amber - Dont know how to explain her passion but she loves cars and trains. She liked them before she saw the movie cars or knew about Thomas the train. So there really wasn't any outside influence and her nursery was all girls...so she is just prone to like things on wheels i suppose. another danica patrick in the making???