

Robert has the jump drive, so I can't access my most favorite pics!!So on Sunday we just hung out, the kids watched movies from the Library, I was SUPER grumpy. So I just decided to take a nap. But I couldn't from the noise. That makes for more GRUMPY!! Although, it should be noted that I don't sleep soundly, I can hear EVERYTHING. I wake up from anysound at all. IT could be outside even. I have to have it pitch black. I have been known to put a towell over the computer because the screen saver casts a light down the hallway that makes my room, light brown, not BLACK!! How crazy is that? But back to the topic at hand. You thought it was my sleeping habits, you say?? Well, I have been misleading, AND Off topic!! So back to being Grumpy. I was trying hard to not be grumpy, I was succeeding. I let the kids be noisy, I let Jade make cookies. I was probably overcompensating, so I let the kids put Gavin in the grocery chopping cart that Alexa has. Gavin was good with it. They marched him up and down the ahllway, with his cute littel giggle and his little hands grasping the edge of the cart. When the kids let go of the cart and didn't realize that it was top heavy and Gavin tipped out. He hit his head on the hardwood floor quit breathing. We don't really know if he got the air knocked out of him and passed out from the lack of air, or if the fall actually knocked him out. Either way, Robert grabbed him, yelling breathe, breathe and his whole body was ridged. While I waited a little horrified. Robert then started to pray over him and I grabbed the phone and dialed 9-1-1. Gavin opend his eyes, gasped, eyes rolled back in his head and he went limp. By now he was purple. While on the phone with dispatch Gavin woke up, began breathing and his color was back. Oh, yea, and he was screaming. Boy, that was a blessed sound. The ambulance came and checked him out. We did get a trip to the ER with a very expensive picture of his brain that assures me that he is fine! and I am grateful that I have that assurity of modern technology to soothe my fears. For it ensured that I slept better when I got home, of course, with Gavin snuggled next to me. For I still needed to check on him all night and his little movements made me feel better. For I knew he was fine. I think he liked it, too. He woke up happier than he had been in awhile. It was marvelous and I just basked in the glow of MY BABY.
3 comments:
Whoa, that's scary. I'm glad everything is ok now.
My heart goes out to you. That is a frightening thing to experience. I'm glad that all is well and hope it continues that way forever. :)
He is so cute...very angelic looking. I am so glad he is doing well!
Post a Comment