I have a confession,
I enjoy Michael Jackson. (the music)

This post is not about the choices he made in his life. After all, he made many bad ones. I don't defend those. They WERE BAD. But oh, the memories the music brings back. I realized when he died that I wished the best for him. Also, that my kids had no idea who he was.
I mean he is iconic.
So we U-tubed some videos for the kids. And they were still impressed. I mean come on, who else moonwalks that good. The kids were like "how does he do that".
On FB I took a "which Michael Jackson song are you" and I am 'Billy Jean' which seems to kinda fit?
I guess, I mean I like the song and all.
And I know I'm not 'black or white' so I was playing it to the kids. They were like what is he saying? what does it mean.
I guess I never cared growing up. I just liked the beat and I sang along.
My kids are way better than I was. It was a little embarrasing explaining some of the songs to the kids.
oops.
I guess I am the mother who tainted them!! So now the music is blaring in Hank while I drive around!!
ALONE.
6 comments:
You know what? I have never like or disliked his music much. I guess I have never cared. Right now I am in Awe...He was an amazing singer, dancer, and entertainer. Amazing! I have thoughts on him as a person. We'll have to discuss those later... ;)
I love it that you blast your music when you are alone in your mom-mobile. I do that too! But, excuse me, Billie Jean? "Billie Jean is not my lover. She's just a girl who says that I am the one. But the kid is not my son." I don't think that's you.
Not being an MJ fan, I am very ashamed that I know those lyrics. But, I was a kid in the '80s. And I have a really good memory.
My first memory of Michael Jackson was with you. We took the boys "Thriller" tape, put it in the portable tape player mom had. We pushed the hanging lap so it would sway back and forth. With the lights off and just the swinging lap, we would dance to Thriller! Pretty funny to think about...
Alison,
I don't remember that. well, maybe! It's pretty vague though. fun times. That was probably when we danced to Crystal Gayle too!
hey, i would use the music choice as a chance to be alone ANY day!!!
I do like his music a lot too. My girls saw way too many music videos, but I justified it since he IS an icon :) I used to run around the church gym while my Mom and her buds did aerobics to "Billie Jean." He had a rough life, but man, could he move!
Post a Comment