Sunday, July 26, 2009

Baseball

I wanted to put up pictures of the kids on their teams before I forgot. We had a fast and furious season this year. It was crazy and it was Worth it!! :) The kids improved, and had a blast. We went to 56 games this summer. I counted them up!! I really liked seeing them play and they were kept busy. Which means they were happier at home and did all their chores better. I think sometimes when my kids have not enough to do it is inviting problems. On the flip side I belief in pacing ourselves. We don't do more than 1 activity at once (per kid). I am busier than the kids are (of course) because I am the chauffer! :) So here goes!Up to batt
This is Brynlee on her team. She played for the Bobbie Sox league. And her team name was the Purple Pandas. She did quite well. Brynlee had several double plays this season. She Played mostly in the infield and hit fairly well to boot!

This next one is Jade. I don't know why, but when I was looking at the photos we didn't get more than one of her. She also played for the Bobbie Sox league and her team name was the Red Sox. I think she was a little disappointed it wasn't a real interesting name, oh well! She played very well, too. Jade played alot of short stop and was good a getting base hits. Jade improved alot and had alot of fun. She was on this team with her good friend whose name is also, Jade.




Playing 3rd base
Because Ian didn't get on a team I ended up coaching his. Our team played for the knothole league and we were called the Werewolves. Now I let the kids vote on the name I did not pick this one out!! Robert had a good chuckle over this though. Our team ws on the weak side but they really improved this season. By the end of the games we were actually rallying. Which was so much better than being mowed over! WE still didn't win a game though. But we had fun. There were only 4 teams in our bracket and so we played the same teams over and over.

Ian is the one standing to the side. Waiting to batt.
Playing 3rd base.

Up to Batt!


Brock also played for the knothole league. His was a kindergarten team and they were called the Mighty Ducks. He was learning the basics of the game and it was hilarious to watch. Brock kept trying to field his own ball, as well and run in the wrong direction. So of course, he has improved too! Up to Batt.
Brock on the bench. He's wearing the black hat to the left.
It has been a fun summer!

1 comment:

Andi said...

I do that too with the one activity at a time, per child thing. What a busy summer you have had - and taken it all in stride! You are quite the woman, my friend, and it is a priviledge to know you!