Sunday, November 4, 2007

Dinner

Here's what we had for dinner tonight. It was great. I tried a new recipe, I think it's a keeper. So I am here to share.

Chicken Drum metes

I bought 1 bag of the prefrozen kind. You don't have to buy that kind, you could use unfrozen ones. Thaw them out. Brush with olive oil, and salt & pepper.

Bake for 30 minutes at 500 degrees.

When they have cooked for 15 minutes, make your sauce.

Sauce

3/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 TBSP brown sugar
pinch of ginger
fresh garlic to taste
Half way through cooking time, turn over the chicken. This makes a crispy coating on the chicken that is divine.
Simmer to 1/2 cup. It should be syrupy. Add 1 TBSP butter. Next, coat chicken with sauce. They are fantastic. Great for party food.

We also ate green salad with home made croutons. (The BEST) The dressing was a Balsamic vinaigrette. It was also fantastic.

Balsamic Vinaigrette

1 cup olive oil
1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP Dijon mustard
2 pinches of salt
fresh garlic to taste. (I use 2 cloves minced)
Blend in a blender or food processor.
This is AWESOME!!!

We had sweet corn and celery with ranch dressing. The meal was a hit and it was all done in about 30 minutes. It truly was quick and easy. I think we may be adding this to our menus, permanently!

Stake Conference was today. I loved it. The sessions were awesome. I haven't been this excited over conference (stake) in awhile. I really felt like the Brethren new what I needed to hear. That's all for now. Take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, wish I'd had dinner at your house, we had scones. I'll be trying that recipe, always seem to be in need of new and yummy ones. Conference was excellent, my girls even listened to the stories!

Grandma T. said...

Lisa alerted me to this recipe - I plan to try it.