Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Babies

So I was talking to a friend today about pregnancy. The differences of when you are pregnant with your first and when it's -say your fifth! In the beginning everything is so exciting and new, it's like oh, look my boobs are sore. And I think, I'm getting morning sick, Wow this is really happening! Other things like, Yippee- I get to buy my first maternity pants, how EXCITING!! Well by the fifth its like, I realize this ends in a baby, and I'm happy about that, BUT this middle stuff kinda sucks, as well as by the time Alexa was born you really get how LONG the pregnancy lasts. The phrases turn into things like, oh crap, I'm into maternity pants already, I hope they still fit by the end! and this morning sickness really sucks! And don't touch me husband I feel rotten. :-) Don't get me wrong. The BABY part is the best. It's the pregnancy I'm referring to. The last 2 pregnancy's have really been rotten for me. So by the last one, I was really leary on how all this would be on my family. Having the other kids was hard because I just really wanted to go to bed all the time but couldn't. I still had responsibilities. But I love 'em all now. It's just funny how perspective changes things. First pregnancies-and the next few, are still exciting , they're new, and fun. Like an adventure, but things change and the perspective changes. You now have other children to care for and it changes the focus from just your pregnancy to the precious babies already born. And how the new one will fit into the family. The worries change from, "is it going to be a good baby" and " I wonder what they'll look like?" to " I hope the others accept the new baby, and will I adjust to more children? I hope that I can find sleep somewhere!" It's such an experience that I could not have fathomed how it would have turned out at the beginning of my 'story'. But I am excited to see how the end of my story will turn out- in 50 years or so-I hope!!

4 comments:

idahohubers said...

I've been checking for a new post... you didn't dissapoint. If I have another I will be excited, stressed (about all those issues you already mentioned) and of course paranoid that it would be twins again! Our stories continue and it will be fun to see it all unfold.

Hansen family said...

I hadn't thought about the questions changing, but they do! A third or fourth baby versus the first. Sorry, I'm one of those ladies you can love to hate since I feel great when I'm pregnant, it's just all those sleepless nights afterward! I'd love to see even five years down the road!

5dollarFanatic said...

Here is my take on why some people get morning sickness and others' don't: I think we drew lots in the pre-existence to determine our own struggles with kids: morning sickness, back pain, stretchmarks, weight gain, cravings, miscarriages, rebelious child, disabled child, hyper child, clingy/dependent child, too independent child...just to name a few. Then we were able to study before we came here so that we were somehow prepared for what we would take on. Maybe our husbands drew lots to determine their struggles with us, their wives..we won't go there** Just makes me laugh to think about.

5dollarFanatic said...

Maybe some didn't study as well as others....