Tuesday, November 24, 2009

next up: Bookcase

This next peice of furniture came from my good friend. She recently built a new house with her in-laws and she was getting rid of some furniture. So I 'inherited' a few. This bookcase being one of them. This was originally a really dark piece. I often look at Robert's design and architecture books and I love the use of color. So I decided to take the plunge. The back of the bookcase it painted the cottage green color that I love and the other sides and front are all white. Distressed of course. Because I like the cottage chic look. I love the function of this piece. I love that it holds my 'stuff'. (it doesn't look that organized, but it is!) :) I also like having more of my dishes out.
I was trying to get some closeup shots so you could see the color, and the distressed parts. But you can't really, Have I mentioned that I miss my old camera?? And that only having access to the crappy camera phone at night sucks?? The natural light is gone, oh well, I guess I'll appreciate the good pics when I get them next! :)




Ok these pictures really are horrible. I must get new ones up!!






You can't really tell, but the dishes 'pop' with the color green behind them. I like the change. It's nice.

No comments: