This is actually a dresser that my sister and I shared growing up. A few years ago my mother gave it to me on 'loan' -indefiinilty. It was painted white when I was growing up and then when I inherited it I stripped it and stained it an oak color. I really enjoyed what it looked like, but am now ready for a change. This little piece of furniture has been awesome. I use it to store all my 'fancy' dishes. And those of you who know me, know how much I love dishes. Beautiful ones. I don't have that many, but I'm working on it.
I forgot to take really good before pictures, so I found this one in my archives. It gives you an idea of what it looks like BEFORE.

now we have AFTER:

This isn't the best quality photo, but I love it. It's a bright spot of color in the room and this is my favorite color lately. It is distressed but I don't have good pictures of that because Robert took these with his camera phone and I wasn't there to instruct. Maybe Santa will bring us another camera this year...
5 comments:
I love your color choice, it's one of my favorites! And it looks great with the dishes too. Paint is awesome, it breathes new life into almost anything!
Ooh-I love how it makes the white dishes pop. So pretty-go you. I would love to someday redo my bedroom set from it's antique olive green w/gold fleck. (remember the one I got for $25 when we lived in Moscow??)
What a great look! Well done!
Melis, I didn't know if I would like it, but I actually LOVE it! Great job... can't wait to see what else you have transformed :)
It looks way good!
Post a Comment