So Brynlee turned 12 this week. She had asked me earlier in the week if we could go on her birthday to get her ears peirced. Quite frankly I was dubious that it would actually happen. I picked her up from band and took Brynlee and her friend Breanna to Walmart to get it done. She was really excited. I think having someone there also put a little peer pressure on her to finish it. She was a little nervous but she DID follow through. IT was crazy though because I asked the woman if she would have them done at the same time so it would just be over with. She said sure, but the 2nd guy was really old and shakey and I was quite nervous that he would slip or something. IT did turn out fine. But I can't say that it didn't cross my mind to back out. But I was too embarressed at that point! Brynlee told me later that he was scaring her as well!! here is her 'before' pictures.


The after picture didn't turn out! I'm sorry I just looked at it so I'll have to up date later with a new one -hope you are too disappointed!
When we got home from the store, we saw that our house had been attacked! She was so excited! I have to admit I started to cry myself.
(dang these post-partum hormones!) I just wanted her to have a good experience in YW-she has been so nervous. And here it was -right before my eyes, I was excited and as you can tell, so was she!

here are what some of the notes said! I was laughing my head off at some of these. Oh, how I miss Young Women's -they're hilarious!

I had wanted to make her birthday cake special. I wanted it to be soft and feminine and all that. What I learned is that I can't execute what I wanted! What I learned is that my hands get tired fast and my patience is short. I had a wonderful Idea! it was supposed to be great, but I didn't have the right tools or the time to do it. WHat I wanted was for my very talented Mother in law to show up, (or better yet, live near by) and do the cake for me!
these were some of the inspirations That I saw, and hoped for!



Now I understand that I couldn't do something like these. After all they are real pieces of work and they are made with fondant. I wasn't going to use fondant, but I thought I could get something really CUTE! but this is what Brynlee had to make do with!


I should have just bought the stupid thing.
6 comments:
Way to go Brynlee! The more I'm around that girl the more I wish I was in a YW calling. The beehives I had back in the day were SO 12 going on 21! It was hard. I would have been nervous of the guy's ability too! What a funny story for her to remember.
Ok ... your cake is not bad enough to make cake wrecks! My birthday cupcake or "house" like Aubrey called it was WAY worse. I think you did good and I like the cake. It is tall, looks fancy and feminine and I bet she loved it! That's all that matters. Plus she saw you make it for her and THAT is a special memory.
I can't believe you have a 12 year old! I'm glad she got her ears pierced and it wasn't too traumatic. I think the cake turned out great, and that is so awesome the YW attacked your house! What fun! Brynlee is such a pretty girl, too...I love her long, pretty hair! I'm just jealous...mine never looks that nice straight, yet it is straight, and it won't hold curl! Go figure! Hers is perfect!
Happy Birthday Brynlee! Getting your ears pierced makes for a good birthday present. And I thought the cake turned out really well.
Happy Birthday Bryn!! Glad to see you got your ears pierced - you will be such a fashionista!! Tell your mom I think the cake looks great and it was probably super tasty! (better than cornbread anyway!!ahahahaha)
Yeah-Happy Birthday Brynlee and COngrats on becoming a beehive!
Happy late birthday Brynlee, I can't believe she is already 12, I remember taking care of her when she was just a little baby, wow has she grown into a beautiful Young Woman. I have to admit my eye's got watery about the YW decorating her house, that is so cool. As for the cake, Melissa I love it, but I also giggled when I saw it because it made me think of us crazy mom's who try to be super mom's and it doesn't always work. I do think your cake is awesome!!!
Post a Comment