
The other night while going through a box of memorabilia, that the kids had dumped water in, ggrrr!!! Robert came across a piece of slate. It's one that he brought back from Penn. while on his mission. He said it was lying all over the place down there. In great big piles, that had been dug up from the mining industry. So like a good, little farm boy from Washington he took a piece home. It's actually a beautiful piece. It makes me want to redo my kitchen in slate. You know what else it wants me to do?? EAT IT. That's right. I immedialty wanted to lick it, right from the moment Robert handed it to me, and I have never had that desire before. It smells earthy and oh so good. SO you know what I did?? I licked it. And then Robert caught me. I was slightly embarressed but more wondering what the sucker tasted like than anything! CRAZY I know. And in case anyone is wondering-I'm NOT pregnant. This is something that gets really bad when I am, but lately I've battled PICA on and off. Usually if I take a vitamin it will go away, but not so much lately...But I did take a LITTLE bite. just to see if I liked the texture. and you know what?? I DO LIKE IT. So I handed it back, to my husband who has this incredulous look on his face, before I started taking chunks out of it. When telling Alison, (my sister) about it she said I better not do the house in it, or I might start licking the walls, or chiseling off the good pieces for an afternoon snack...Don't worry, I did double up on the vitamins today!
3 comments:
Actually, I always thought eating dirt, rocks, etc. was due to a MINERAL deficiency, not vitamins. (My brother used to eat the dirts in the potted plants when I was little.) ;)
That would explain why I am constantly trying to lick my marble top coffee table... just kidding! Oh the good ole days when we could sit in the sun and make mud pies!
Vitamins, minerals their both in a multi-vitamin...
BTW, I don't know why but I am so excited you are posting more. I want to hug you right now. (probably hormones!)
Post a Comment