Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Attack of the Bird(s)




So a good friend of mine got a deal on chicken breasts and chicken tenders and asked me if I would like to get some. Always looking for a good deal I consented. Well the chicken has been delivered and I needed to still pay for it. So After picking Brock up from school I dropped by this friends house to pay her the money owing. To her credit I didn't tell her I would be coming. I just showed up planning to drop off a check.




I went up to the door and rang the door bell. Her son who's 3, let me in. I called for my friend and received no answer. I inquired to where his mom was and he replied that she was in the shower. Oh, well, I figured that I would just write her a check and leave it, planning to call her later and tell her. Well, I wrote the check and put it somewhere 'safe'. Well I hear some swuaking and look up to see their pet bird flying for me. Secretly I must tell you that I'm really, really afraid of this bird. It has flown to my head before and I can never get it off. It likes my head but it won't usually get on my finger to remove it. Some one else has to do it.




Seeing the bird come at me I froze, I thought maybe if I don't move it will fly past me. Realizing at the last minute that it was coming at me I started to run away.
IT. FOLLOWED. ME.




I screamed.




My friend didn't hear me.




Realizing that I was on my own I tried to get the bird to get on my finger, It was on my back, climbing up. The bird wouldn't get near my finger. My movements now making it climb to my head. I have to say that I'm proud of myself for not losing it entirely. I didn't scream during all of this.




Now it's on my head and I can feel the bird's talons scraping my scalp. I am really starting to lose it. I was bending over the couch trying to get the bird to go on the couch. I called over the little boy to try and get the bird off. It made it worse. So I decided I didn't need my coat that I would take off my coat and leave it on the couch and take a run for it. I got my coat off and laid on the couch and I ran for the door. Just as I reached the door I feel the damn bird on my head again. This time I really scream out. I had a jacket on under my coat and I decide I can do with out it as well. So I start to slip off the sweater/jacket and it rolls over the bird. This scares the bird and now it's holding on for dear life. The bird's talons going through my sweater into my shirt. I'm about to rip all my clothes off but decide to try and help the bird out and get it out from under the sweater. I laid the sweater on the couch after finally getting the bird free. I ran for the door and made it this time. Running to my car and thinking I am home free. When I tell my friend she's not gonna believe me. Once I get in my car I realize that I left my cell phone in the house and I have to take an important phone call on it today. sooooo, you got it. I go back. I ran in, grabbed my stuff and ran before the bird came back. Lesson learned. don't go into a house when the mother isn't in the same room




I won't do that again!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh! I'm dying, that is SO FUNNY! I don't like birds either especially if they are trying to nest on me!

Nichole said...

As your story was nearing its end, I was thinking that you were going to finish by saying that you accidentally killed the bird with your sweater!!! My what a funny/horrible experience.

Mikaela said...

I'm with Nichole too. I thought you were going to have killed it. That is so crazy! How funny!

Andi said...

Hyperventilating laughter turned to complete goose-bump dread as I read your story! I hate birds, too - they are so unpredictable and scary! I'm so glad you made it out of there (I don't think I would have been brave enough to go back for my phone)!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Melissa!!! I'm had to take a break so I wouldn't giggle myself to an "incident." But they're giggles of SYMPATHY. Truly! You poor, poor thing!

PhillipsFam said...

that was REALLY funny!! thanks for sharing and giving me a good laugh for the day (and probably a couple more days!)