Thursday, June 11, 2009

Alexa

This last week I went to Winco for our groceries. I left the kids at home. It was a big shopping trip. But when I got home I found some distraught daughters. Brynlee was quick to tell me what happened.

ALEXA CUT HER HAIR!

I was not a happy camper. Her hair left alone went almost to her bum. It was at least to her lower back. I loved it. I would look at it during the day, I would take pride in her hair (that was probably my down fall)

She gave herself bangs, and 'layered' half of her hair. It was now to her shoulders. So I made some desperate phone calls trying to get a hold of someone who could 'fix' it. But I resolved to just fix it myself. So I got the scissors and remembered that my friend Lisa told me about the pony tail cut. I decided to try it. And it worked perfectly. I actually think that I may want this cut!! Jade says she has 16 year old hair! But at least it's not 3 yr old hair!!

Now back to Brynlee. I was like weren't you watching her? and Brynlee told me that they were 'pretending to cut hair' and then the older girls left to play something else. Alexa wasn't done playing! I was like, Bryn-what did you think would happen? I guess I forget sometimes that Brynlee's 12, And that is such a 12 yr old thing to do...

Now, if only I could get someone to cut the boys' hair, Maybe Alexa would like to try her hand on someone else...

4 comments:

5dollarFanatic said...

oh so sorry-luckily none of my girls have cut their hair yet. Sadly, I guess it's a price to pay in order to go grocery shopping by yourself.

idahohubers said...

I can't wait to see it :) I feel your pain seeing all that baby hair gone. When I did the pony tail cut on Abby I combed it up too high and she ended up with 3 inch layers at her crown! Oops, and her hair grows soooo slow. It does look extra poofy and curly up there though if I add lots of mouse. So I learned the hard way that pony tail cuts are not as straight forward on short hair.

Ashley said...

Oh No! That is my worst nightmare! But at least it turned out cute. Can't wait to see it.

Bedie said...

Where is the pictures???