Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Miracles


I just witnessed a blessed miracle in the Fehrenbacker household. Ms. Alexa announced at lunch that she had to go pee. Well, I naturallly ignored it. I probably shouldn't, but she has had many of these 'statements' for the last 3 months. I did say "oh, well, if you need to go, go in the toilet." Normally she will then tell me 'no'. When I said it this time she said ok! (We have also gone this route and not had success) So I followed her into the bathroom. she dutifully got on the toilet and 'tried'. (Well, I think she went in her diaper) I actually left her in the bathroom. BEfore I left I reminded her that if she did go she could have a gumball out of the gumball machine. She was stoked! so she said I need to go poop! and wished her luck and left. Well, Alexa came and told me she 'went' and I checked. NO. Such. Luck. There was nothing there. I explained to her that I could see it and that she didn't 'go'. This time though, she got back on the toilet. I left again. In a few minutes she came and told me that she went. So I checked, again. SHE DID IT!! so I gave her the oligatory potty party. She was so excited. I got out the gumball machine and she finally partook!! I was starting to think this day would never come. She has been resistant to all my methods! I know that this is the beginning. I am ok with that, I just hope it continues!

4 comments:

Andi said...

That is a BLESSED MIRACLE! WOOOO HOOOO ALEXA!!!! Congrats and good luck!

PhillipsFam said...

YAY Alexa!!! Wish we were there to celebrate with you girlie!

Megan said...

YAY!! As all moms know that is exciting news! I wish you the best of Luck! I have been thinking about you since I saw you at fred meyer last summer! We definately have to get together some time. We haven't been back to IF since that weekend, but a trip is long overdue. I will be sure to look you up when we go. I just stumbled across your blog and have been having fun stalking your family!

5dollarFanatic said...

Hey Melissa you won the cat coupons-just send me your address to arianiah@hotmail.com. Congrats!