HAPPY NEW YEAR -EVERYONE!!
(sorry this is a picture of a picture-we don't have a digital format of it and I didn't want to scan it in) It's us on the big day- December 28, 1995It's been an exciting month. Robert and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary. It was fun going out with him. I love having history with Robert. It's my favorite part of being married. It's fun to be able to say remember when...and have him know exactly what I'm talking about. When we got married we really didn't have any history together. (we didn't date that long) And he asked me at one point right after we were married if I wished for something that I didn't have and my answer to him was-History!! I wanted to have that with him. I am just starting to feel like we have it now. You know when you first get married and you go through this transition in your thought process, in how you think of yourself? single vs. married? Well, I did get through that process like the rest of you, but it seems like being single was just yesterday for me. I could still remember everything like it had just happened. -I know I have six kids, -just stay with me here, And this year was the first year that being single seems like a long time ago. It feels like I have that 'history' of being married. I don't constantly remember pre-baby days. Now be careful what you wish for because now that I have that history it is a little scary to realize that I have been a mother for 12 years! But on the other hand. I think (call me crazy) it's getting funner and funner the older my kids get. I love that my girls are getting to be teenagers and preteen age. They have alot more interesting insights and things to say. I love watching the younger and the older kids interact. It's a great dynamic and a new dimension to our family that we didn't have before. Now don't get me wrong. The kids are normal kids. They fight and bicker. They can sometimes be selfish, but they are also loving and kind. And on some days they interact so great that I wonder what I was worried about before!! This Christmas break has been kind of fabulous. It seems like our world has been crazy hectic since before Gavin was even born. I had the longest, emotionally hardest and physically hardest pregnancy known to me! I felt like I was on the constant go. It was one catastrophe after another at our house. Either medical crisis or financial (Robert took a pay cut in the beginning of December, due to the current economic situation of the country. We are grateful that he is still in a job as they have been laying off at his company as well) Also, just plain business with activities that come with a big family, (I always say that with a big sigh, I never envisioned this, even though I am very satisfied with my life :) ) This Christmas break seems idyllic in some ways. Not many places to go and lots of time with the kiddos to hang out and enjoy things. We are enjoying our time together. I was kind of dreading the season but now that we're in it I am enjoying the time. I am excited for the New Year! I don't really believe in Resolutions but I am still hopeful for this next year. I feel like we have good things to come! I wish that feeling meant that I thought that things would be hunky-dorey, but I feels more like it will just be ok and that whatever happens we will be able to handle it. Last year at New Year's I had this strong sense that the year would be tough- I was right. But hopefully we have grown from our trials, Hopefully we have been graceful under pressure. Hopefully we taught our children good tactics for tough times. That things will continue to change, grow and life moves on. But you have a choice in your attitude. That is a constant thing. -Now I am officially stepping off my soap box- I kind of get caught rambling on this site. But I get so carried away sometimes. I meant to just say that our Christmas was wonderful and I'm feeling grateful and blessed this season. We're very hopeful for the coming year. May the Saviour fill your life with goodness and blessings and may you all be humble enough to accept the lessons set before you!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! and goodluck!
here is a little picture goodness!!

Gavin 3 months christmas 2008 Gavin gets alot of help and attention!!

Ian (7) and Brock (4) Christmas 2008

Jade- 10 years old. Christmas 2008

Gavin 3 months-hanging out! Christmas 2008

Brynlee 12 years. Christmas 2008

Alexa (2) and Gavin with 'baby doll Gavin' haning out. Christmas 2008
5 comments:
Happy New Year and Happy 13th Anniversary! I had fun talking to you the other day! Here is to both of us having a good 2009!! You are awesome--Love ya!
I love how Gavin is just chillin' in that chair! I like your "extended" posts, you always have good insights. You were married before I was out of HS! That still sounds so weird considering we are basically the same age. Congrats on 13!
There is a strange duality about life, isn't there? You still feel like 16 was just yesterday, and yet, you have this rich 13-year history with a wonderful man. Life is ordinary, messy, wonderful, and you feel amazingly blessed. I found myself nodding (funny, but true) through your entire post - I have often felt the same. We got married with 3 years of history under our belts, but now, after nearly 10 years of marriage, things still feel fresh. I'd like to think that duality is a sign of balance(yeah!), peace, and a happy life. Here's to 2009!
wow - 13 years, guess I never realized how long it's been! btw you guys look like KIDS in that picture!! Oh, wait....you were kids!ahahahaha glad you had such a nice relaxing time with your break! I did try calling you back - don't know if the kids gave you the message or not!
Happy Anniversary:) We were going though some old photo's over the break and found a picture of us at Yellowstone. Boy we look YOUNG!!!
Post a Comment