My parents came for Thanksgiving this year. I miss them alot. This trip was in good timing I think. We had a fun time. We fit in a shopping trip with just the 'girls'. It was fun. the older girls were old enough to come along and really enjoy it! In the car on the way to the mall I asked Brynlee if she would like to pierce her ears today-mmmm, she decided, um, NO?!? Crazy. She wanted to wait until she was 12. I kind of put the pressure on her (I regret that) to get it done. I think it really kind of freeked her out. I thought it would be exciting to do it while Grandma was there, but I forgot that while I would love that exciting of a thing, my daughter would not. We went to Claire's and checked out all sorts earrings, and Jade was begging to get her ears done. That wasn't happening, but oh she tried. (She was a good sport) anyway long story short -she hasn't peirced her ears yet. And judging by the anxiety that I saw at the store it may not happen for awhile. She was shaking, was light headed and had sweaty palms. It might take until Jade is old enough to get hers done and they do it at the same time. BRynlee is pretty cautious when it comes to this kind of stuff. I think you could cut the tension in the air with the stress level of the peircing hanging over her head. After we left the store she was much calmer and happier. She and Jade were joking around and laughing in P0rter's. I did find something that I want for Christmas, now I just have to get the hubby to get it!.............
We took the kids to see BOLT on Saturday while the family was here, it was a cute movie. But my favorite part was seeing my Dad walk in with Alexa. She was holding his hand and so contented to be with him and he looked so happy to be with her. Alexa is 'everybody's' friend. It seems that way anyway. She has no qualms about my parents when they come. Even though she has only seen them a half dozen times in her life. Brock on the other hand was good this trip but he has a warm up period to him. I enjoyed the trip, Thanks, Mom and Dad. Also, I want a shout out to my brother-Ryan. thanks for coming and we enjoyed your visit as well!
I am sad though, I forgot to break out the camera for our Thanksgiving day or weekend at all! I missed my chance-how sad is that?
2 comments:
Kinda sad that you didn't get any pix, but enjoyed the post anyway. The story of the ear piercing was hilarious. Isn't her birthday in like a week and a half? you weren't pushing the envelope that much!! I'm sure Jade is seriously wishing to trade spots in age w/ her!
Actually it was only 5 days early. Her Birthday is on the 3rd of December. This happened the Saturday before!! Craziness. That girl likes her RULES!
Post a Comment