Robert's lovely parents!! I'm so glad you came-even though I had to run off in a hurry on Tuesday!
all the grand kids present that day! Robert's parents were here this last weekend for Gavin's BLessing. It was a fun time. They arrived on Saturday and left on Tuesday morning and we had a great visit. Gavin did wonderfully on his blessing day and the weather was gorgeous! I did buy him a blessing outfit and I something pretty simple. The one that I found was not as simple as I would have liked but I was digging the whole cap thing it had going on. THe Cap completely engaged me. It was calling out. I think I loved the fact that it wasn't a bonnet. In some of his pictures I had to chuckle because he looked a bit like a train conductor, but I even kind of liked that, too!!
I guess it's official-we're a 'big' family. After the blessing and the photo op that ensued after church on the front lawn we all got in our cars and came home for dinner. I was hurrying into the house to get the dinner going and get the kids clothes changed. THe phone rang while I was getting it ready and would you believe it-(you probably would) It was the bishopric-we had left Alexa. So Robert hurried down to pick her up. SHe was pretty sober but not crying or anything. She is always trying to run away from me these days and she doesn't seem to get scared by being left behind. A couple had found her in the church and they walked around trying to find her family. Eventually they brought her to the Bishopric and they recognized her. I remember being left growing up and I remember my brother Rusty being left a few times. I don't think he got scared either. It was a busy day though, and I didn't check to see if she got into any one's car. WE didn't drive the van, we were running late on the way to church so we just hopped in the easiest car and that was the sable. We took half of the kids and the other half went with GRandma and Grandpa. So lesson learned and I hope this doesn't happen again. I recieved phone calls from my friends to rib me, and I ran into my friends at Walmart and they were laughing their heads off (Thanks, Andi!!) SO hopefully she's not scarred for life!! Alexa did march into the house, came up behind me in the kitchen and announced "I'm home, MOM!" I gave her a big hug and she galloped away again. funny girl.
the train conductor himself!!

Gavin Robert

Roert's sister and her family-they were able to attend! It was nice to see them and have some family around!

5 comments:
How funny about Alexa! I'm glad you had family around for Gavin's blessing. Do you remember the loud "ohhhhh" that the congregation let out? I guess we were all lovin' the hat!
Oh I love the cap!!! He is so adorable. Wish we could see you guys. Hey if you are bored come on down to Arizona for Thanksgiving:)
Melissa I was thinking about you leaving your little one at the church and it made me think of when we were living in Rexburg, we were going to go to Idaho Falls. We were getting gas and you drove off and forgot to take the gas tube out of your car and we heard a loud pop and looked back to see the tube flying all over. I though I was going to wet my pants, that had to be the funniest thing I had ever seen. Do you remember that???
YEs, I remember!! Do you remember that I dropped the F-Bomb? I had never said that before and was horrified that I used it that day-but it just came out (I still don't use that word!) And to think we were in the RS presidency- what were they thinking???? good times!
Gavin is so adorable-he is so adorable-can i say that enough??? Jenny's girls look just like her!
Post a Comment