Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Reading

On Saturday I went with some friends to pick up the new book out by Stephenie Meyer.

Breaking Dawn.

I think this was my favorite book out of the 4 book series. I thought I had this book all figured out. But I didn't. And that is what I love about it. I do think her writing has matured, but I can't say that I thought her first books were horrible. Breaking Dawn had more going for it- I think. And I have to say that this ending is a very love conquers all kind of thing. AND I LOVE THAT!!

I know that it is pollitically incorrect to have this kind of ending. But I think it's the romantic in me that enjoyed it. I was sure that the wedding was going to drag out the whole book and it was over in the first few chapters, and that was the best part about it. We (the reader) was able to move onto other plot issues. I was definilty on the Team Edward side and I (being a mother) was sad that after marrying him and becoming a vampire she wouldn't have that opportunity, BUT it turned out so GREAT!!

Also, I googled Incubus. It is something real in mythology lore. After I read the book I went online to read some reviews and was shocked to find so many terrible ones. One being that people couldn't get the whole Incubus thing, and that the baby would come out of its mother the way it does. But I checked some mythology and it's real (as far as mythology goes) But my point being Stephenie Meyer, didn't make that part up. So that was interesting. I do have to say that they named the baby a retarded, horendous, idiotic name. I think I cringed the whole time reading over that hybrid of a name, that sounds hideous when spoken aloud. But then again. I'm reading about vampires and werewolves. -as if their names have to be that believable!!

I enjoyed the books. They are exactly what they were written to be-

ENTERTAINMENT-

So read them with that in mind. they aren't supposed to be anything but a fictional tale. Enjoy the books. They were a great summer read!!

3 comments:

Bedie said...

Okay Melissa, I love all her books, I don't know if this one was my favorite.....I am going to have to reread them again:) As for the ending I thought it was awesome. So if you could have a power what would it be????

Mikaela said...

I'm with you...this one was my favorite! I liked the more romantic scenes because I was curious how she was gonna do the lovin' stuff, personally, but it was tasteful! I also think this one had me from the beginning...on all of the other books I kept waiting till the plot got going. So I think this one was AWESOME!

PhillipsFam said...

I'm with you too! This was my favorite! There has been a lot of critisim that there was no struggle or war, but I loved that everything ended happy! I don't really love to read to be dissapointed & sad at the end!!