
Today Brock turns 4. I can hardly believe it. His birth was so hectic. We were living in Utah at the time and Robert was offered the job in Idaho Falls 10 days before he was born. We-of course-accepted, and we moved when Brock was 10 days old. That was not my best move. The housing was a mess and even to this day, when I think about where he was born I have to think twice because it was so stressful. But the Lord was with us. My recovery with Brock was nothing short of miraculous. I couldn't believe it. He was an incredibly picky/fussy baby but I was able to keep my patience and know what he needed. He an amazing child even now. He has this ability to be frustrating one moment and turn around and in a heart beat really charm you. I have seen him in action at church. And he usually gets what he wants with the charm factor. I have to say it is quite amazing. He is very stubborn, but this can be the best thing too, It's nice to be around someone who knows what they want. Brock has an amazing pretend world and it's fun to watch him 'play'. He and Ian are great buddies, who have spent the summer as pals. Playing and getting into all forms of trouble-together. It's nice to see them get along. Brock is very excited to be 4 years old and go to preschool this fall. I have to add. That Mom is kinda excited, too!!
We celebrated the boys' birthday on Sunday. It was a combined party. Their birthday's are 10 days apart and with how slow I'm going these days we thought this would be best. It was the first time I have ever done a combined party for the kids, SO I was a little nervous on how it would go. But it was fabulous and they seemed to love it. We did a Transformers themed party. They cake was a hit as well. I have no pictures to post we still haven't replaced our digital. So we're back to the 35mm camera. The boys had a fun time and they are now officially in transformers heaven!!
4 comments:
Oh my Goodness he is so cute:) I hope he had a great birthday. We love you guys.
Happy Birthday to your cute little boys!
I had no idea that Brock and Amber are so close in age-she will be 4 on the 17th. Sounds like the party was a blast. Looks as if you have had a busy summer full of birthdays!! Another joy of being a mommy-birthday planning.
glad the joint party went well! who wouldn't love transformers?!! Happy birthday to both boys, I hope it is a great year for them!
Post a Comment