
I thought you might be interested in some Temple Facts -
The Twin Falls Idaho Temple was the fourth temple built in Idaho, following the Idaho Falls Idaho Temple (1945), the Boise Idaho Temple (1984), and the Rexburg Idaho Temple (2008).
In 1996, the 14 stake presidents serving in the Magic Valley co-authored a letter to President Gordon B. Hinckley requesting a temple be built in Twin Falls.
President Gordon B. Hinckley came to Twin Falls in June 2004 to select a site for the Twin Falls Idaho Temple among eight properties under consideration.
The former Candleridge Golf Course, located just south of the Snake River Canyon, was purchased as the site for the Twin Falls Idaho Temple. Of the 36 acres, just over 9 acres was retained for the temple and stake center. The remainder was developed into residential lots.
The Twin Falls Idaho Temple features beautiful ordinance room murals by Idaho artist Leon Parson showcasing local landscapes including the majestic Shoshone Falls.
A Syringa flower motif, created by Utah artist Tom Holdman, is used throughout the Twin Falls Idaho Temple including most of the 200 art-glass windowpanes with 12,000 pieces of glass. The Syringa is Idaho's state flower.
The finest materials were used for this House of the Lord including wood imported from Africa, granite from India, and stone from Montana.
The exterior walls of the Twin Falls Idaho Temple are made of 282 precast concrete panels with a quartz rock finish (mined in Washington state) that weigh up to 30 tons.
The Twin Falls Idaho Temple was the fourth temple built in Idaho, following the Idaho Falls Idaho Temple (1945), the Boise Idaho Temple (1984), and the Rexburg Idaho Temple (2008).
In 1996, the 14 stake presidents serving in the Magic Valley co-authored a letter to President Gordon B. Hinckley requesting a temple be built in Twin Falls.
President Gordon B. Hinckley came to Twin Falls in June 2004 to select a site for the Twin Falls Idaho Temple among eight properties under consideration.
The former Candleridge Golf Course, located just south of the Snake River Canyon, was purchased as the site for the Twin Falls Idaho Temple. Of the 36 acres, just over 9 acres was retained for the temple and stake center. The remainder was developed into residential lots.
The Twin Falls Idaho Temple features beautiful ordinance room murals by Idaho artist Leon Parson showcasing local landscapes including the majestic Shoshone Falls.
A Syringa flower motif, created by Utah artist Tom Holdman, is used throughout the Twin Falls Idaho Temple including most of the 200 art-glass windowpanes with 12,000 pieces of glass. The Syringa is Idaho's state flower.
The finest materials were used for this House of the Lord including wood imported from Africa, granite from India, and stone from Montana.
The exterior walls of the Twin Falls Idaho Temple are made of 282 precast concrete panels with a quartz rock finish (mined in Washington state) that weigh up to 30 tons.
*This week we took the kids to the Twin Falls Temple open house. It was fun. We spent the night in Burley at my brother's house, Thank you Lee and Ashly! and We all went to the open house together. It is a beautiful temple, I didn't feel like I could really enjoy it though, Alexa and Brock were starting to act up at that point and Robert and I had our hands full. :) It was starting to show that they had missed a nap time. But the other children handled themselves really well. It was fun seeing Lee and Ashly again especially now that they are moving to Wisconsin, with a new job. It'll be awhile before we see them again. :( I have really enjoyed them being closer, so I think we will miss having family that close.
Sadly, I am getting slower and slower. I feel like this baby is going to be a big one. But maybe I just need an excuse for my turtle's pace. We'll see. I measure really big and they are deciding weather or not to change my due date. I go in next week, so we will see then. :-) We are getting our air conditioning fixed today. SO I am excited for that. The heat this last week has seemed really HOT. SO I anxious to get the air going again!!
Sadly, I am getting slower and slower. I feel like this baby is going to be a big one. But maybe I just need an excuse for my turtle's pace. We'll see. I measure really big and they are deciding weather or not to change my due date. I go in next week, so we will see then. :-) We are getting our air conditioning fixed today. SO I am excited for that. The heat this last week has seemed really HOT. SO I anxious to get the air going again!!
I am not sure why the picture of the temple won't show. It shows up in the create a new post section! so bear with me as I try to figure this out!
1 comment:
I am glad you posted those facts. That was interesting to find out some of the stuff that I didn't know! We have tickets to go this next weekend. Glad your A/C is gettng fixed. It has been HOT, HOT, HOT!
Post a Comment