Saturday, April 12, 2008

Endoscopy

Robert had his endoscopy on Friday and it went well. They did not find cancer or even an ulcer (those were our two main concerns) But they did biopsy his intestines and stomach. They think he has a severe food allergy. So now we are waiting for the test results. Actually the procedure went very well. It only lasted about 20 minutes. And Robert was given a drug so he would have memory loss. As he was supposed to be awake during the process. This drug worked great He remembered nothing, even an hour in recovery he was still asking me the same questions over and over. By the third time I was busting out in laughter. it went something like this. I walked int0 the recovery room and he would look over at me and say "oh, your here, how long have I been gone?" I would respond, "oh, about 20 minutes," he would say "oh, really that long? I thought it was 5 minutes." Then he would look away, and look back and me and say " oh, your here, how long have I been gone?" I would say "oh, about 20 minutes" he would say (again) really that long? I thought it was 5" then about 5 minutes later we would repeat the conversation over again. By then I was laughing and he wanted to know why! He did gradually gain his memory back, but it was like talking to a newborn baby when he first woke up. The big eyed blank look. The information was in one ear and out the other. within two hours he was his normal self. But for the first hour our conversations went no where. We were literally talking in circles!

2 comments:

Muncey said...

When I had mine I refused the meds, so I have the joy of remembering everything :S

Hopefully everything turns out well for him.

Mikaela said...

Well I'm glad that there was no cancer or anything, and that all is well in that dept. I hope they can find out what the problem is. What a nightmare for you.

That's hilarious about Robert waking up with the meds. So funny.